The next Work Party will be
Saturday, 3rd July 2021
Various locations but you need to register by Wednesday, 23rd June
Totally uncharacteristically Floating American Pennywort is failing to make its presence felt in the way it usually does at this time of year. There are all sorts of reasons for this, but one has to be the dedicated work of so many volunteers who have taken part in our regular work parties and removed so much pennywort. So well done to them!
But we mustn’t let the apparent success at this point fool us into thinking that the problem is solved; we need to keep Floating American Pennywort on our radar.
At present our usual format of locating work parties at specific locations and blitzing pennywort there would not be a good use of everyone’s time. What we would like to do for the July CCT work party, as we did for the June work party, is to get our volunteers out on or beside the water along as much of the Navigation as possible. We can find work for everyone and, with bankside vegetation being so high at this time of year, we particularly welcome those who can be afloat in their own craft or crew on one of the workboats as that’s where it is easier to spot any pennywort.
If you know that you are able to take part on Saturday, 3rd July, thank you. Would you please email [email protected], giving the following information (which he will need by Wednesday, 23rd June, please):
With some Covid regulations still in place we need to remain vigilant and compliant. Reminders of how that affects CCT work parties will be sent to those who plan to take part – including a requirement to wear masks and remain socially-distanced if that is what any participant requests.
- That you are available on Saturday, 3rd July
- That you
3) Any preference for which part of the Navigation you would like to work at (we’ll try to make it as convenient as possible but if it can be avoided please try not to be too specific)
- a) Would prefer to work from the bank – possibly litterpicking and supporting those on the water?
- b) Are happy to crew on one of the workboats? Buoyancy aids must be worn - can you bring one or do you need us to supply one?
- c) Can bring your own canoe, kayak, coracle, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you and will reply individually advising where we would like you to work.