The next Work Party, scheduled for
Saturday, 8th May 2021
NO!! It's NOT cancelled!
We believe we are now in a position to be able to start our regular Chelmer Canal Trust Work Parties again. We’ll obviously be adhering to all current Covid guidelines, and hope that doing so will reassure you that you can take part and participate safely. Many of us will have had our two jabs!
For our work party next Saturday, 8th May, we’ll be meeting at the car park near Beeleigh Lock, on the road to Maldon Golf Club. There are plenty of options of where we will work in the area, but regulars will perhaps be pleased to know that we WON’T be working in the Langford Cut! If you aren’t sure how to get to the car park hopefully these directions will help: head to Langford and Ulting Village Hall on the B1019 Langford Road (CM9 4SS). Immediately opposite the village hall, beside the Museum of Power, is the road to the golf club. Take this (beware of the speed bumps) to a small car park either side of the road just before the bridge over the Navigation.
This map might help
: Beeleigh Lock .
We’ll be setting off at 9am. Everyone is welcome of course and we can find jobs for all who attend. We’ll be working from a work boat and the riverbank and we especially welcome anyone who can take to the water in a small craft - as they literally extend our reach!
Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the prevailing conditions. All tools and equipment are provided – but you are welcome to bring anything that works especially well for you. As ‘regulars’ will know, we stop for refreshments (Covid-appropriate) about half way through the Work Party and try to finish by about 12.30pm – but by all means leave earlier if you need to do so.
We hope to see you on Saturday.
So that we have a record of who intends to be at the Work Party please email Neil saying that you plan to be there. And of course, please ensure that you are able to comply with our Covid ‘good practice’ guidelines:
It goes without saying that you should not attend if you have any Covid-19 symptoms or have been in recent contact with anyone diagnosed or suspected of having Covid-19 within the last two weeks. We also ask you to advise us if you develop symptoms of Covid-19 within two weeks of the work party.
- Maintain appropriate distancing and only take part in tasks in which you feel comfortable and can comply with the restrictions
- Clean your hands regularly; we’ll have some sanitiser but for ease of access it would be good if you could also bring your own
- Wear a face mask if you want to and ask others working close to you to do so if that is your preference
- Don’t share pieces of equipment; once you’ve got a crome/hook/litterpicker please use only that one piece of equipment (unless you are in a family bubble in which case share away!).
- Make us aware if we are doing anything that might risk the possibility of Covid transmission.
- Take responsibility for your own and others’ health
With risk of mentioning them too often, two other events to be aware of:
- Friday, 21st May – an additional Work Party. Full details will be sent nearer the date.
- Mid-August-Mid September – Zero Tolerance (of Pennywort) month. We’ll be publishing further details in the next few weeks.